Israeli Inheritance and Probate

Israeli Inheritance and Probate


Israeli Inheritance Can Be Done Remotely

We help English speakers from all over the world navigate through the process of receiving Israeli inheritance. Whether your loved one left an apartment in Tel Aviv, bank accounts in Jerusalem, or a parcel of land in Migdal, we will help transfer the ownership of inherited Israeli property into your name.

We initiate the Israeli inheritance process by filing for an Israeli probate order. This is when the Israeli court names the heirs under Israeli Law or beneficiaries under a Will. Once we have the Israeli probate order, the next step is the transfer of Israeli real estate into your name through the Israeli Land Registry and the distribution of Israeli bank account funds into your foreign bank accounts.

Taking care of all the bureaucracy for you

Don’t worry if you are in the US, UK, Canada or South Africa. Even if you are located outside of Israel, the whole Israeli inheritance process can be done remotely and without having to travel to Israel.

We translate all the relevant paperwork into English and guide you through your State/Country relevant Apostille process, so that you don’t have to go to the Israeli Consulate to sign documents.

Close up of hand signing a Last Will and Testament document

You might need Israeli probate in these scenarios:

  • Your late wife lived in Israel before you married and had a bank account there jointly with her sister. There are still funds in that account and the Israeli bank wants an Israeli probate order to disburse the balance to you in the US.
  • Your late parents owned a holiday apartment in Jerusalem and the apartment is still titled in their names. In order to transfer ownership to you (or the heirs), you’ll need to obtain Israeli probate orders for both of your late parents. This would be necessary before selling the apartment.
  • Your own 50% of an apartment in Netanya together with your mother, who passed away. In order to transfer your late mother’s rights into your name in the Land Registry, you need an Israeli probate order.

Israeli Wills and Lasting Power of Attorney